Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 4, 2012 ride to Vanderpool

The ride to Vanderpool was a short 32 miles but it had 4 steep climbs.  The cabin I rented was about 10 miles off my route on a dirt road. It is a very nice cabin and the owner went to the store and bought me some food. I told her to just get me some chicken and vegetables. Well, that is what she did. The vegetables were ok.  They came in a microwave bag. Now the chicken was not so easy.  It was a big hunk of raw frozen chicken. I have never cooked raw chicken in an oven in my whole life. It is amazing how necessity is such a good inspiration. I defrosted it in the microwave and put it in the oven with salt and pepper for seasoning and it came out pretty good.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Chuck! I'm glad you're having a good time on this great adventure! What an inspirational man! Keep them updates going.. We will keep you in our prayers! God Bless you and safe travels my friend! Wil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck has been hit by a car in the San Antonio area and is in the hospital. Cheryl flew to him yesterday. I believe he is critical condition with multiple injuries to his body. (broker ribs, shoulder, vertebrae, and inter cranial bleeding). Please pray for him and Cheryl. I will post more when information is received. PRAY PRAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    Please email me @ judy27_27@yahoo.com. I'm Chuck's cousin Judy.

    So I can keep the rest of the cousins informed.

    Thanks, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck is stable and improving in a hospital in San Antonio. The neurologist says his brain seems to be OK. He is on a ventelator and sedated to allow the colapsed lung to heal slowly. He responds with hand signals. Soooo it is looking better thanks to the many many prayers. KEEP PRAYING.

    ReplyDelete