Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2, 2012 Ride to Langtry

This is the most desolate day of the journey. This part of Texas is a whole lot of nothing. The winds were favorable but a lot more hills than yesterday

I arrived about 3:30 and met my host, Keith.  He showed me the trailer and told me the other bicyclists were coming in later. He suggested I stake out the bedroom if I wanted it. The deal was that he rented out his trailer to bicyclists and had canned and dry food to pick out and cook yourself for dinner.I took his advice and promptly put all my stuff on the bed. The 2 others slept on a bunk and a pull out couch. Later they showed up and we took turns microwaving our dinners. I had met these guys several times on the trail.

I am going to get my stuff together and get ready for an early start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck, yes, Texas can be VERY boring, how are you handling the long, monatonous miles? Are ou getting some music, etc on a radio? How are the legs holding up? Thinking and praying for you on a regular basis. Keep crankin !!! Bob

    ReplyDelete