Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feb 12: Day 6 Quartzsite

After breakfast I headed to Quartzsite, AZ which was 42 miles away. The ride was mostly flat with a tail wind at first. I crossed over the Colorado River around 1:00 and then road along the wide smooth shoulder on highway 10. When the big trucks came by the wind pushed me along, which I appreciated! About half way I stopped under an underpass for a peanut butter and cliff bar snack. I made it to the campground around 4 and started pitching my tent right away because I wanted to finish before dark. The second time camping was much easier! The campground was fairly quiet  and it had 25 cent showers! I decided to just eat some beef jerky and peanut butter for dinner because I had drank a muscle milk and juice a few hours before. I was glad I brought my thigh butter because I was getting a rub, but it went away!  Thanks for all your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, u r sure having the experiences. I,m sure you will have the opportunity to share Christ often during your trek. I love the diversity of the people you r meeting. I,m sure they enjoy you because of your authenticity and warmth. We will miss u at Bible study tonight, have a great ride tomorrow. Blessings, Bob

    ReplyDelete