Thursday, February 9, 2012

Third day Ocotilla

I had an easy day today...finally! This morning I woke up rested and stopped at a store to buy some breakfast since the restaurant was closed. I had a delicous breakfast of fruit, yogurt, and sardines! I know its a little wierd, but it tasted great! I rode 36 miles and most of it was downhill. I arrived in Octotilla around early afternoon and checked into my hotel (the only one in town) and then went to eat some lunch. I decided to explore and found a new museum, but it was closed. There were two cars in the parking lot, so I rode my bike around and around and finally somoeone came out and asked me what I wanted and I replied, "a tour!" The three people in the picture are volunteers at the museum and they gave me a private tour. The museum is still under contruction, but it is a museum of Indian artifacts found in the desert. The restaruant in town was not open for dinner, so I ate peanut butter and crackers, fig newtons, a cliff bar, and a banana.  I had a relaxing evening and I'm going to try to get an early start for tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Boy, gourmet food on a bike trip, can't beat the deal. How's the shoulder and teeth? Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, my bike riding friend, you've been gone 5 days and I am dying to know how you are doing and where u r. Hope to get a post soon. Blessings and happy trails. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you had such a rough start and missed your Starbucks send-off. We'll be watching your progress and praying for you! Donna and Steve Milazzo

    ReplyDelete