Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 24-Lost in El Paso

I had a pretty easy ride of 34 miles planned to El Paso but I missed a turn and ended up on a 6 lane freeway. Then I asked a local how to get to my destination and that made things worse.  I ended up at Sparks Circle but I wanted Sparks Drive.  I stayed in touch with my hosts, Charley and Kamala,  and after riding for a half hour in the dark,  they called and asked if I wanted them to pick me up. I said yes! It had turned into a 65 mile ride! By the time I get to Florida I bet I will learn to be a pretty good map reader.
IMG_0344We had a good spaghetti  with great homemade bread and good conversation. In the morning,  I topped off the air in my tires and went to take our goodbye pictures only to find out the camera in my new I phone was broken. What a bummer! My hosts gave me one of their older cameras to use until I get my phone fixed. Nice people everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment