Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day Two: Feb 8th

Brittnay made me a great breakfast and Jacques had planned to ride with me for the first part of my day. This was fantastic for the good company and to keep me from getting lost through the city! We picked up my antibiotics from the pharmacy and started down the path. We had somewhat of a late start and there were tons of hills, so it was slow going. I was going about 4 mph on the steep hills and picked up speed on the down hills going up to 50 mph. Unforntuantely my 44 mile destination took me longer than anticipated and I was peddling in the dark. At 7:30 I had stopped to check my map and the boarder patrol stopped to ask if I was okay. I was getting tired and hungry so I asked if they could give me a ride to my hotel that was 10 miles away and I offered to buy them dinner. They asked if I was hypothermic (an excuse for giving me a ride) and I said not yet but I might be soon, so they called their boss and said yes! I rode in the back of the truck with my bike like an illegal, but I was very happy for the ride! It was definitely an experience I won't forget! The hotel was great with a restaurant, jacuzzi tub, and a comfortable bed. I'm not too sore yet and no blisters! Things are good!

1 comment:

  1. Chuck, I am excited for you regardless of a few issues getting started. Things WILL iron out as you develop a routine for each day. Have fun and God bless. Bob

    ReplyDelete