Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 20, 2012 ride to primitive camp


I started off this morning knowing that I had another long 79 mile ride over a mountain to camp at Buckhorn, NM. I was feeling tired and mentally discouraged before I even started, and getting lost for an hour, off my route, did not help. As I rode though, I felt better and was enjoying my ride until I got to the mountain that went on forever with huge switchbacks. Going 2-4 mph, I wasn't covering ground very quickly and I found myself far from Buckhorn as the sun was setting.  Just as I reached a crest I spotted a sign for a primative campground. I was so happy to stop! I set up camp, made top ramen soup with beef jerky with the rest of my water and got in my warm sleeping bag with all my clothes on to be sure I stayed warm in the 30 degree night.



No comments:

Post a Comment