Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fourth day Brawley


Today was an easy 45 mile ride to Brawley.  I left my motel in Ocotillo and ate at the only diner in town. Most of the ride was slightly downhill or flat with very rough old pavement on old Hwy 8. The ride took me 4 hours.
I got there early so I hung out at the library and a coffee shop waiting for my warm showers host (Jim) to get home.

Jim is a very interesting guy. He is into animal rights and a vegan. He works as a teacher in the prison. We had a  nice conversation and a good vegan meal at a local vegan diner.  Jim showed me his road and mountain bikes and his art collection. I washed my clothes in the sink and put them on the clothes line to dry. We went to bed early because I had a hard day ahead of me. I was sound asleep when Jim came into my room and turned on the light at 5:00AM and  announced that he needed something out of the dresser. This turned out to be a very good thing because I just got up gathered up my things and rode off into the rising sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment