Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feb 22, 2012 ride to Hatch NM

I left Pat and Dave with determination to climb up through Emory Pass, 8,200 feet above sea level and the highest peak of my entire journey. I had a total 3000 feet to climb in about 10 miles. I just put my bike in low gear and peddled.  Pat and Dave had given me a bag of Chocolate chip cookies befoe I left. I peddled for 30 minutes then I stopped and ate a cookie and drank water. I repeated this until I reached the top and was out of cookies. 
The last 2/3 of my 78 mile ride was easier but long.  I didn't arrive in Hatch, NM until 7:45pm . The motel had given away my single room but for the same price they gave me a suite with a kitchen. I bought some supplies at the small convenience store across the street and heated a Thia dinner in the microwave. I talked to Cheryl on the phone, worked on my blogs and went to bed, hoping to get an early start!


2 comments:

  1. WOW, Chuck I can feel your hurt. A slow slog up that kind of grade i is a killer. I am prayig for those times of dscouragement. Do ou carry a radio for some diversion? I pray this verse for you - My help comes from the Lord,the Maker of heaven and earth.He will not let your foot slip–he who watches over you will not slumber. Psalms 121:2-3. Be encouraged in the Lord as you ride, He wil give you strength. Blessings and happy cranking. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. One other thought, it scares me "dude" that you almost ran out of water. BUT, just like Moses in the desert, God provided a source when needed - THANK YOU LORD. Keep the bottles full.

    ReplyDelete