Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 25- Ride to Fort Hancock, Texas

Today was an easy, 36 mile, down wind ride! While I was riding a young guy, named Carl, caught up to me. We rode together for a couple hours and talked.  He  is starting officer training school, in June, for the Marines.  He is on a 4200 mile trip from San Diego to Florida to DC.  He said he is holding rallies for students and tries to talk to political leaders about continuing foreign aid to countries. He thinks this will help prevent military clashes.  Nice to meet a nice young guy with noble goals.

I arrived at Fort Hancock Motel before dark and not lost!  I spent the evening on the phone to Apple to try to fix the camera on my iphone but as can happen with technology, my phone is more messed up!
I will add pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment