Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feb 28, 2012 ride from Fort Davis to Alpine

Steve and Carla, owners of the bed and breakfast, fixedly a great breakfast with a great twice baked oatmeal.  Steve tuned up my bike and adjusted my pedals so I can get my feet out of the clips easier.   Maybe I will quit falling over!

Fortunately, the ride to Alpine was only 23 miles because I had strong head and side winds all the way.

My host, Lisa Goynes, was very nice with a really nice home. I had a king size bed and a private bath with piped in music. Lisa made us a good spaghetti dinner with salad and hot bread. We both had two helpings. By evening, I felt like I had recovered from my hard ride the day before.  I don't think I had eaten enough during that hard ride and it took 24 hours to feel normal.

Lisa also had three friends over who are also school teachers so I got to learn all about the Alpine school district.
When it was time to go to bed Lisa's friend, Chuck,  announced that he had too much to drink and asked to sleep on the couch. This worked out pretty well because I did not have to get up early and he fixed me a big breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment