Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th to Wickenberg

This morning I took a picture of my tent in Salome before I left. The first time I set my tent up it took a while, but now I do it pretty quick.

The ride to Wickenberg was a piece of cake, thanks to good tailwinds. I made it about an hour quicker than I expected. I set up my tent when I got here then the manager came over and we started talking. He showed me the expressionistic paintings he did and then he introduced me to his 13 feral cats. He socializes them and then finds homes for them. After we talked for awhile he offered me the studio floor to sleep on because it is much warmer than the grass outside. I accepted his offer and moved my sleeping bag and air mattress inside.

Riding tailwinds is nice because there is no wind in your face because you are going the same speed.
I hope I do not jinx this but, it has been 8 days and no flat tires.

2 comments:

  1. Good going Chuck, we looked at your blog together at group Monday night. We sure are proud of you!
    Jan and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing great and meeting some unique individuals!

    ReplyDelete